Monday, November 22, 2010

WARMUP OF THE DAY #3: STREET FIGHTER (CAMMY VS BALROG)


The next daily warmup drawing brings back the good old days of 2-d fighters. When Super Nintendo ruled the console wars, Street Fighter won the hearts of fighting game fans.  

I went a bit beyond the intended sketchy approach to these exercise drawings and dedicated the entire morning to finishing this image. I noticed that my recent illustrations lacked energy and appeared static, so  I challenged myself to create  a lot of movement and action when composing the piece.

I didn't know which characters to choose, so decided to use the ones that would provide me with a nice color palette based on their outfits.  Adding a few 8-bit goodies here and there, I wanted to make the image resemble a screenshot from the actual video game.

Thanks for viewing guys, 

-Tin

No comments: