Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Referring





Hey Doodes!
Sooooo on an off note considering the momentary topic (ZOMBIIIIIIIIIIEEEES!) I was doin' some pretty lowdown foto ref sketches for some portrait pieces. Lowdown for real - I wouldn't wonder if it's not clear who I was drawing there, hahaha. I had to draw him from all epochs of his creativity, throughout his life, and I wanna admit I approached the correct look very slowly. But that's what stretching is for right? It IS apparent in the final pieces, don't worry....

A CHALLENGE:
If ya can tell who this man (I think that much is clear, haahhaha) is you will receive a desktop pic specially doodled for you! Drop me a name you want signed under that along with the right answer in the comments and there you go. DOODLExSHIT editors not excluded from participation!

As always, thanks for checking in!

7 comments:

Jordie Bellaire said...

Oh oh, I know.

Boba Fett right?

or is it Bob Dylan.

I happen to get them mixed up often, due to the complete badassery.

LOOKA said...

AHahah
And there I've done my best to draw bad! HAhahaha, well you are too sharp then, Jordie.

Await the desktop design in your mail end of this week. Do you have prefered screen resolution?

Jordie Bellaire said...

Hahaha, sorry. I couldn't keep it quiet. 1024xsomething something, I think is what it normally is.

Adam Tamte Volker said...

oh come on that's Robert Zimmerman all the way. I think you really got the likeness in the top drawing of the third bunch and the big drawing in the first bunch.

-Tamte

LOOKA said...

Jordie: OK I got that format. Hee hee.

Tamte: Thanks man! I was lurking around and sometime I even got him, HAhaha.

Orlando Sanchez said...

I love the bottom three pieces. The pen and ink is sick, I like the thin lines carrying the drawing with some heavy darks blocked in to compliment the line. sweet work.

LOOKA said...

Hey thanks Orlando - That's way cool of you!
They finished ones somehow turned out that way in the end, haha.